Clinical Specialist (Part-time) – Houston, TX
PhotoniCare, Inc. (www.photoni.care) is a medical device manufacturer located in Champaign, IL and Durham, NC. We believe better decisions in patient care need to be made at the front lines of medicine, prior to specialty care, so we can improve outcomes and reduce downstream healthcare costs. As a result, we’ve developed a low-cost handheld imaging platform that uses light to see through tissue. Our first product on this platform is empowering front-line providers to make better decisions about middle ear infections, the leading cause of hearing loss, antibiotic use, and surgeries in children. PhotoniCare has developed the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope™ which non-invasively views of the middle ear in real-time using our patented imaging platform technology. Alongside a real-time, high quality otoscopy image, OtoSight provides a view through the eardrum to directly visualize the contents in the middle ear.
Our Clinical Specialist offers a unique and exciting professional growth opportunity in the medical device and clinical diagnostic field. Our Clinical Specialists travel to healthcare facilities to provide end-user training, configuration, and go-live support. This is a part time position requiring about 20 hours per week. The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for traveling to customer sites and training OtoSight users on the proper techniques to use and interpret OtoSight Middle Ear Scope reports. You will coordinate your efforts with the local Territory Manager for maximum impact in the geography.
The Ideal Candidate Responsibilities:
- You have a customer service mindset and are naturally a planner/organizer.
- You are efficient, with strong ability to discern priorities and work independently and within a team.
- You are dependable, professional, and enjoy being a leader and critical part of a growing team.
- You have fun and want to be a part of a fast-paced growing organization.
- You are looking for a role that will expand as the company does and enjoy furthering yourself professionally with a great team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travels to customer sites to educate and support healthcare professionals in operating OtoSight Middle Ear Scope proficiently and safely.
- Configures or design device set-up per client company directed parameters and customer consultation.
- Provides post-sales end-user education classes/in-services.
- Delivers go-live support with OtoSight Middle Ear Scope in ENT, Pediatric, Urgent care, and other frontline care settings.
- Upholds customer focus by proactive assessment and appropriate communication/escalation of customer needs and solutions.
- Communicates with Territory Managers and completes documentation, as required.
- Maintains competency on product via company provided training events (classroom training, online learning modules, etc.)
- Completes expense and hourly reports as outlined.
- Meets and maintains vendor credentialing requirements with immunizations and related medical requirements.
- Maintains current driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Current skills as a Nurse, NP, PA, or other Allied Health professional
- 2 years of frontline care or specialty clinic experience (Acute, Post-Acute, or Clinic setting)
- In-depth knowledge of the clinic care environment
- High level of initiative, accountability and professionalism. This includes a customer service attitude which exceeds customer expectations and brings value for our client’s end-users!
- Exceptional communication, presentation/training, interpersonal relationship, and critical thinking skills.
- Computer literacy: Comfortable with Windows, MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and networks.
- Must have effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to advance and influence the acceptance of ideas
Availability and Travel requirements:
- Maintain 2-3 days of availability Monday through Friday with the ability to travel.
- Readiness and willingness to work all accounts in a territory within a few days’ notice
- Ability to travel overnight
- Must live within 1 hour of a major US airport for air travel and have access to reliable transportation for drivable assignments 2-4 hours from home
- Reimbursement for Mileage
- Expenses paid including a technology allowance
We are looking for the right candidate, is that you? Please contact Jeff Hydar, Chief Commercial Officer at email@example.com