Marketing Manager – Part-time up to full-time – Durham, NC
PhotoniCare, Inc. (www.photoni.care) is a medical device manufacturer located in Champaign, IL and Durham, NC. We believe better decisions in patient care need to be made at the front lines of medicine, prior to specialty care, so we can improve outcomes and reduce downstream healthcare costs. As a result, we’ve developed a low-cost handheld imaging platform that uses light to see through tissue. Our first product on this platform is empowering front-line providers to make better decisions about middle ear infections, the leading cause of hearing loss, antibiotic use, and surgeries in children.
PhotoniCare has developed the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope™, a handheld imager designed to look and handle like the familiar otoscope. The OtoSight provides unprecedented non-invasive views of the middle ear in real-time using our patented imaging platform technology. Alongside a real-time, high quality otoscopy image, OtoSight provides a view through the eardrum to directly visualize the contents in the middle ear.
PhotoniCare is looking for a Marketing Manager to support the launch of OtoSight Middle Ear Scope. This role combines strategic thinking with execution, independent action and initiative, and strong leadership. This includes evaluation and prioritization of new features and programs, applying “voice of customer” into product development, and launch execution.
This individual will work with a cross functional team including outside vendors/consultants to operationalize the go-to-market plan. This individual should have a strong background in brand management, marketing execution, digital marketing/CRM/marketing automation, and experience working with sales. Prior sales/field experience is preferred and diagnostics/pediatrics experience a plus. This role will be based in Durham, North Carolina. This individual will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and will have a very visible role within the organization. By joining the team at an early stage, the candidate will have an outsized impact on fundamentally advancing the revolution in the management of ear infection in children.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a customer service mindset and are naturally a planner/organizer.
- You are efficient, with strong ability to discern priorities and work independently and within a team.
- You are dependable, professional, and enjoy being a leader and critical part of a growing team.
- You have fun and want to be a part of a fast-paced growing organization.
- You have a thirst for finding ways to influence the behavior and decisions of potential and current customers
- You are looking for a role that will expand as the company does and enjoy furthering yourself professionally with a great team.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to keep reading and apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evolving/developing, prioritizing, and executing the launch plan for the OtoSight Middle Ear Scope
- Leading digital marketing/CRM/marketing automation efforts
- Managing all facets of conference selection and planning, including speaking events and booth creation and logistics
- Conducting and/or directing VOC interviews, market research, and competitive analysis as a means to test and validate product benefits, improve customer satisfaction and support market growth.
- Creating data-driven arguments and presentations to achieve buy-in from key stakeholders
- Ensuring that the product positioning, branding and messaging are integrated throughout all internal and external communications including website updates and edits
- Evolving/developing launch promotional materials and tactics to support the product launch
- Ensuring deliverables are within budget and achieve commercial objectives
- Evolving/developing Health Care Provider (HCP) messaging platform to effectively market to HCPs to drive product adoption and utilization
- Consistently keeping a pulse on the latest market and competitive activity to proactively refine strategy, selling direction and tactics as necessary.
- Understanding all components of the physician user experience, including all materials and processes related to sample collection, test ordering, delivery, and reporting and direct recommendations to optimize user experience
- Developing content and execution of scientific advisory board interactions
- Bachelor’s degree not required but preferred in physical or life sciences, business or marketing discipline. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in brand management with at least 2 years of digital marketing
- Strong business acumen with the ability to coordinate efficiently with other functions and consider the impact of their decisions on the organization
- Demonstrated product launch success with implementation of commercial tactical planning within specialty
- Ability to understand technology and articulate customer value/benefit propositions
- Strong project/process management skills required
- Proven organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously – both strategic and hands-on contributions
- Start-up experience preferred, including demonstrated ability to build a new team, with strong background in marketing for a mature organization
Please send a copy of resume to email@example.com